horton court building
Originally constructed in 1896, this classic historic building was a gold mine of architectural treasures. The demolition of the interim 1950's remodel revealed wonderful, classic column details, original cast door hinges and every variety of asbestos known to construction. Part of the restoration included reviving the original skylights to brighten the central core of the building.
Referred to as Horton Court, or the BSHA Building, the renovation & remodel encompassed the entire 45,000 SF of the three story building. The ground floor now offers retail shops and services to the busy Gaslamp District pedestrian traffic. The basement and upper levels are primarily professional office suites and studio space. Mark Silva was Job Captain on this project while working with the firm of Cohn + Associates.